Thursday, February 18, 2021

New Beginning ...

It was a new beginning of another never ending story. One daily muses after another filled with lucid dreams. Most crept in while I slept, and they stayed with me throughout my living days. I should be asleep in my grave. If there ever be one prep up for me to lay, and rest in it. Peace could be with me forever being dead. The living I once knew never appreciated what death has offer. Hell could be more peaceful than the world they walked on called Earth. Where they breathed its air and lived on its land without empathy.

There were many predictions by scientific experts and theorist speculator of how we could had end. None seems unbelievable then. We were warn of nuclear, biological, or chemical warfare by unsound dominant world leaders working with extreme groups; creating chaos for profit or promoting their own ideology. Catastrophic climate change causing ecology disruption, bringing about natural disaster like tidal wave or volcanic eruption. Which incidentally unleashing various lethal pandemic that kill millions. Then there was lifestyle disordering of large scale solar geoengineering destroying Earth fragile atmosphere; even artificial intelligence becoming overly competent for it’s task creating unforeseen misgiving. What came true was the unavoidable asteroid impact. That taught human to knelt before god own mighty universe - humbled them.

I never ever believed to be here alive witnessing any of these catastrophic events. One is best careful of what he or she; even the thing I had become wished for in life. You might regret either way. In fact, this is the only kind of life I am having for now. Some might lived through them, came out the other side, saying, “Did I not told you so!,” some would arrogantly claim, “Was there and lived.” Who knows what the future would hold for everyone that lived. I never wish for anything anymore. I live as it is.

"If only there is someone alive with me here today," I muttered to myself when I drove the sharp tip of my spoon into his eyes socket. Cut them around the edge to loosen both eyeballs, and scooped them out with force. Gulped them down. They were fresh, soft but tasteless. It is a sin to waste whatever eatable on this wasteland. He was dead when I found him with a rifle held tightly in his stiff rotten hand. They said the eyes were the window to a man’s soul. We looked at them to speak truthfully. There were none to look at when I spoke to him, “I am sorry. I really am …,” which I lied. Picked up his rifle, knapsack and walked away. I paid a penny for his belongings and left him there without proper burial ground. Others may find some good use of whatever left of him.